• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
Endemoniada

Rotation Around Two Axes ?

This topic is 2654 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi guys,

I'm having difficulty understanding rotation around two axes (y then z). I know how to do simple 2D rotation so I thought I could rotate around the y-axis first, then around the z-axis. When I do the second rotation it's as if the axis itself was rotated and it comes out wrong.

The thing I don't get is if I rotate my model around the y-axis in 3ds before saving it I only have to do the z-axis rotation and it comes out great. So when I do the y-axis rotation in my code isn't it exactly the same as if I did it in 3ds beforehand ?

Please help. Thanks.

Advertisement
Reversing the order in which you are doing the rotations will probably result in what you expect.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!