Sign in to follow this  
Raziel666

How to build this type of game ?

Hi, I'm an artist interested in making small games. I don't know programming.
I would like to know whats the easiest way to create a 'Click to reveal hidden objects in a scene' type of game.

Example:
[img]http://www.puzzlegames4free.com/sites/puzzlegames4free.com/files/images/mystery-case-files:-huntsville-2.jpg[/img]

I can do all the graphics work. Can someone pls tell me what are the programming tools and stuff needed to make such a game? Can I use XNA for this ?

You could do it using C# / XNA... but since you don't have any programming experience, it would be a ton easier to use a program like gamemaker... or a cheap engine like unity(2D). If you still got more specific questions... ie not "how do I make this game" feel free to ask.

[quote name='freeworld' timestamp='1310758655' post='4835768']
You could do it using C# / XNA... but since you don't have any programming experience, it would be a ton easier to use a program like gamemaker... or a cheap engine like unity(2D). If you still got more specific questions... ie not "how do I make this game" feel free to ask.
[/quote]

You wouldn't even need XNA for this GDI+(Win Froms for the C# minded) would work just fine, assuming that image is static and the reveals have no real animations. But like the previous post sad using game maker would be easier for you unless you really wanted to learn programming

Thank you for the reply guys!

I'm gonna try it in game maker lite now.
Yea I would like to use some small animations when the objects are clicked on and revealed.