Custom keyword and object type flag (solved, code attached)

Started by
16 comments, last by WitchLord 12 years, 7 months ago
Great. I took a quick look at it and it looks good.

I'll take a closer look and add some regression tests for the changes to include in the SDK as soon as possible.

Regards,
Andreas

AngelCode.com - game development and more - Reference DB - game developer references
AngelScript - free scripting library - BMFont - free bitmap font generator - Tower - free puzzle game

Advertisement
I see you have a method for class variables, but what about class functions? Looks like you got a start on it, but I don't see anything in the code that suggests that it's finding metadata for class functions.

I see you have a method for class variables, but what about class functions? Looks like you got a start on it, but I don't see anything in the code that suggests that it's finding metadata for class functions.

You are correct. That is not yet implemented, since I had no need for it, but should be quite simple to add. Just a matter of adding a few lines where the global functions are added.
I've finally checked in this improvement to the CScriptBuilder add-on. Except for a few minor tweaks and fixes I kept it pretty much as-is.

You'll find the updated version in revision 954.

Thanks a lot for the contribution.

AngelCode.com - game development and more - Reference DB - game developer references
AngelScript - free scripting library - BMFont - free bitmap font generator - Tower - free puzzle game

Found a small error in the new code

if( currentClass == "" )
pos = SkipStatement(pos);
else
pos += len;

should be:

if( currentClass != "" )
pos = SkipStatement(pos);
else
pos += len;

Else it will not skip functions in classes properly.
Another thing I found. Need to add:

//Skip any white spaces in case meta data follows:
t = engine->ParseToken(&modifiedScript[pos], modifiedScript.size() - pos, &len);
while(t == asTC_COMMENT || t == asTC_WHITESPACE) {
pos += len;
t = engine->ParseToken(&modifiedScript[pos], modifiedScript.size() - pos, &len);
}

At the end of the section that checks handles the start of class, ie the one that starts with:
if( modifiedScript.substr(pos,len) == "class" )
{

Sorry for spamming changes, but seemed so small that was not worth to upload the entire code.
Thanks. I'll apply these fixes as soon as possible.

You were right. The changes were needed, however as I applied them I saw that the code could be cleaned up a bit so I ended up doing it a bit differently.

Here's the diff for revision 958.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement