Sign in to follow this  
gabrielefarina

ARM Neon clamping

gabrielefarina    204
Hi guys,

I just started playing around with ARM NEON, and I'm trying to do some simple image processing with it. I was wondering if someone of you knows a way to perform value clamping using NEON instructions.
This is my situation: I have an int32x4_t variable which stores the ARGB components of a single pixel, and I'd like to clamp each component so that it fits to the 0-255 range.
Is it possible somehow to do this operation in parallel using NEON instructions ?

Gabriele

[quote name='gabrielefarina' timestamp='1310818132' post='4835963']
Hi guys,

I just started playing around with ARM NEON, and I'm trying to do some simple image processing with it. I was wondering if someone of you knows a way to perform value clamping using NEON instructions.
This is my situation: I have an int32x4_t variable which stores the ARGB components of a single pixel, and I'd like to clamp each component so that it fits to the 0-255 range.
Is it possible somehow to do this operation in parallel using NEON instructions ?

Gabriele
[/quote]

Hi,

[size="2"]Saturation. A 'Q' instruction in the final stage of calculation,where the wider value is converted to 8-bit. Probably VQSHRUN.[/size]

See: [url="http://blogs.arm.com/software-enablement/277-coding-for-neon-part-4-shifting-left-and-right/"]Coding for Neon part 4 - Shifting left and right[/url]