[C++] How to change process name?

Started by
4 comments, last by rip-off 12 years, 8 months ago
Yup

I am working on program to make multi instances of some game, I think i need to change process name to do it :)
Advertisement
C++ has no notion of process names. Some specific operating systems do. If you mention which one you're using it would probably help.
Win7 Ult x64

Edit: There can be any other language, I think I can learn basics very quickly

Win7 Ult x64

then use the HINSTANCE params, if you are using a Console app, then look for a tutorial on attaching a Console.
you are handed two HINSTANCE'es, the current instance, and the previuse instance.

Never say Never, Because Never comes too soon. - ryan20fun

Disclaimer: Each post of mine is intended as an attempt of helping and/or bringing some meaningfull insight to the topic at hand. Due to my nature, my good intentions will not always be plainly visible. I apologise in advance and assure you I mean no harm and do not intend to insult anyone.

I think you can't change the process name through the api without changing the filename. If you explain some more about your working program then it is too easy to tell you.
What do you mean by process name? Do you mean the title of the application in the task bar, or the title seen in task manager process list / process explorer?

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement