Sign in to follow this  

Slick + LWJGL + Tiled + Multiplayer?

This topic is 2339 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

[font=verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=2]Hello all!

I just finished my third Java book and am fairly comfortable with the language. My problem is none of them really got into networking.

I have a basic LWJGL + Slick + Tiled 'game' at the moment. No multiplayer support. I am working on the player class. I am wondering how to go about making it multiplayer. I've looked online, and while many people seem to have this down pat, no one provides a tutorial. I have, however, been able to connect the game to a small server I wrote. Using a seperate client (kinda like a chat client) I can run some commands to make the player in the game move. After that, I have no idea what I am doing.

I'm simply looking for a good tutorial for the networking side of making a MMORPG. (I know the 2d mmo in Java market has been beaten to death, but I am looking to learn, not compete and release.)

Thanks in advance =]

[/size][/font]

This topic is 2339 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.