Sign in to follow this  

Replicating actual sized 3D objects

This topic is 2338 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I am reaching out to the community to get some advice, ideas, or overall techniques that can be used in an interesting task I am researching, any comments, suggestions, or discussions are greatly appreciated. Lastly, I am not posting in hopes to get someone to give me the mathematical equation I am merely looking for additional advice, ideas, and/or different ways readers may accomplish this task.

Using a projection screen I need to represent 3D objects such that they visually appear to be the same size, at distance, as they would normally appear to the human eye in real-life. For example, if a 3D billboard is being rendered onto a projection screen how many pixels (width/height) would the rendering occupy based on the following pieces of information: (values are just examples for discussion)

- Viewer is standing 6' from the screen
- The projected image is 6x8 feet
- The 3D billboard in the real world would be 5' x 5'
- The 3D billboard is placed at 200' from the projection plane (ie. z depth is 200, camera is at 0 z)
- The viewer is looking at the projection screen with a 4x powered rifle scope

Thanks in advance

This topic is 2338 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.