• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
kimi

gluPerspective, glOrtho view ?

This topic is 2554 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi,

I was just playing with some code and I can't get a line and sphere both shown on screen. If I use Ortho I can see the line and if I use Perspective I can only see Sphere.

for gluPerspective mode I am using: gluPerspective(45.0f, (GLfloat)width/height, 0.1, 200.0);

If I have any negative value for near plane then I can't see even sphere. For ortho I can see the line only if near value is atleast -1.0 any postive value, nothing gets displayed.

Does anyone know how can I get both shown on screen in perspective mode?

Advertisement
The vertices need to have a z value from -0.1 to -200.0 so that they don't get clipped by the near and far plane.

If I have any negative value for near plane then I can't see even sphere[/quote]
Read the documentation for gluPerspective or glFrustum.

This is for OpenGL
http://www.opengl.org/sdk/docs/man/

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!