Any way to create xbox 360 games using..

Started by
12 comments, last by Nypyren 12 years, 9 months ago
Hello guys! I was recently searching the internet about if its possible to make Xbox 360 games using the Java programming language.. Am still pretty curious cus i am not intrested in learning a new programming language now when i got so far with learning java..

Thanks.
Advertisement
Xbox uses C++.
C# isn't a million miles from Java, so I think you should be able to pick it up relatively easily. You could then write games in C# using XNA.

There is no practical way to write Xbox 360 games in Java to my knowledge.

[Website] [+++ Divide By Cucumber Error. Please Reinstall Universe And Reboot +++]

You can make 360 games using XNA, c# is the programming language but it's got a lot of similarities with Java and if you are comfortable with Java i think you will become comfortable with C# quite quickly
(edit) Double-ninja'ed!
Problem is i've spent so much time on books about java and been working like 1 year to learn what i have learned so far.. Will that go to waste if i start from scratch again?
And can you give me an example about how you mean theese two languages are similar..?

Problem is i've spent so much time on books about java and been working like 1 year to learn what i have learned so far.. Will that go to waste if i start from scratch again?
And can you give me an example about how you mean theese two languages are similar..?

Omfg, you wouldn't be starting from scratch learning C# it's similar to Java and if you know the concepts of programming you'll learn it in no time. :huh: You wouldn't have wasted a year learning Java by learning another language, you'd just know two.

C# was essentially Microsoft's answer to Java, when you look at them syntax-wise they're almost identical so you'll have no problem switching between the two in that aspect
Underlying mechanisms differ in some aspects though, but that shouldn't pose any real problems either, so your Java experience won't go to waste ;)

Keep in mind that you need to register with the XNA Creators Club and pay an annual fee to be able to actually write games for the Xbox 360 platform though, so maybe you'll want to use XNA for pc development for a while before switching to xbox

I gets all your texture budgets!

No. Read FAQ 51 and FAQ 71.
You will learn many tools and languages in your career.

-- Tom Sloper -- sloperama.com

They just are, look up some C# tutorials or C# code examples and see how the code is similar. Before I learned C# I only knew Java and C++, and when I looked at a C# tutorial, I thought: "looks like Java". 30 minutes later I was programming in C#.

Hello World example:

using System;

class Program
{
static void Main(string[] args)
{
Console.WriteLine("Hello World");
}
}

Also all that learning won't go to waste, a big part of learning how to program is understanding the ideas and concepts.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement