what should I use....

Started by
3 comments, last by rathy Aro 12 years, 9 months ago
[color=#333333][font=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif][size=2]I want to make something that will let people play a trading card game both on and offline similar to redshark for pokemon. I'm just wondering what should I use to make such a thing. I did recently work with directx to make a 2d game, but i've also used java's swing in the past and it seems well suited for something like this. I'm open to any suggestions, but I'd prefer to stick to java and c/c++. Btw, I've never done anything with networking, is there anything I should know before I get started or will the documentation from whatever I decide to use be enough?[/font]
[color=#333333][font=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif][size=2]
[/font]
[color=#333333][font=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif][size=2]Thanks in advance.[/font]
Advertisement

[color="#333333"][font="Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif"]I want to make something that will let people play a trading card game both on and offline similar to redshark for pokemon. I'm just wondering what should I use to make such a thing. I did recently work with directx to make a 2d game, but i've also used java's swing in the past and it seems well suited for something like this. I'm open to any suggestions, but I'd prefer to stick to java and c/c++. Btw, I've never done anything with networking, is there anything I should know before I get started or will the documentation from whatever I decide to use be enough?[/font]
[color="#333333"][font="Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif"] [/font]
[color="#333333"][font="Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif"]Thanks in advance.[/font]

I guess for your first attempts java would be good... With the built-in libraries (java.io, java.net, javax.swing, java2d for graphics maybe...? ) you should be good-to-go for such a project.

-seal
For first attempts? And what about for a finished product? I would like to distribute this seriously after its done.

For first attempts? And what about for a finished product? I would like to distribute this seriously after its done.

That works just fine aswell, just make sure you include the JRE redistributables with your installer since not everyone has up to date versions of those installed.
[size="1"]I don't suffer from insanity, I'm enjoying every minute of it.
The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas!
Ok, java it is. Thanks for all the help[color=#8E8E8E]!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement