Sign in to follow this  

Rock Hunter

This topic is 2338 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi! I'm creating a game called Rock Hunter funded by Kickstarter: http://www.rock-hunter.net/ .

I figured this project might be especially interesting to people who follow these forums, because the second level and up of rewards offers access to a private development weblog during the project, so you'll have a unique window into the full-time development of a game project from someone who's done this before - I am a professional game developer with a B.S. Degree in Real-Time Interactive Simulation from the DigiPen Institute of Technology and worked for nearly five years at Volition Inc on Saints Row 2, Saints Row 3, Red Faction: Guerrilla, and Red Faction: Armageddon.

Also, at level three and above, you'll get to vote on some decisions about where the project should go, such as choosing what ship model to use, for example. If I get a lot of coders, I may even put some technical decisions up for vote.

After the project releases, you'll also have access to the full source code under the AGPL license and all the assets under a CC-BY-SA license, so you can tinker around with the engine to your heart's content.

Sign in to follow this