What to put in my resume

Started by
0 comments, last by Tom Sloper 12 years, 9 months ago
I found that a local game development company is hiring a QA Tester, and I would like some advice on what to put in my resume.

-The position really only requires English written and speaking abilities. Past experience is not required, but is a plus.
-I have no previous experience working in game development aside from my few personal projects.

-I currently work as a supervisor at a big box retailer. Is that experience worth putting on my resume? (I must communicate effectively to my team, I was also involved in training new associates, solve customers problems, fast-paced high-pressure job where I've had to juggle multiple tasks at once)
-I'm a student studying computer science, with the goal of becoming a programmer in the game industry.
-Should I include other activities on my resume, such as my Eagle Scout achievement and participation in Toast Masters public speaking class in high school?

Thanks for the help, I really appreciate it.
Advertisement
You have to put work experience on your resume. It shows that you understand "job."
You have to put your education on your resume.
If you have computer skills, those should be on your resume.
If there's space left over after all that, you can include your Eagle toasting stuff too.
But. You say you're a student. How are you going to swing a full time job with that? Make sure you explain that in your cover email. See FAQ 27 (FAQs link is above).

-- Tom Sloper -- sloperama.com

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement