FTGL linking problem in Release configuration

Started by
0 comments, last by ET3D 12 years, 2 months ago
Hi,

I'm using FTGL to render Truetype fonts with OpenGL. I've compiled FTGL project to generate both ftgl_static_D(debug) and ftgl_static.lib (release) libraries to use in my project.

The debug configuration of my project is able to link(i get some "locally defined symbol" linker warning though), while the release is not. I event tried to link release with the ftgl_static_D.lib just to get the same linker errors (__declspec(dllimport)).

After a while I realized that changing the project settings from "Use link time optimization" to "No whole program optimization" will do the trick but with the same link warnings as the debug configuration.

Does anyone knows why enabling link time optimization would cause it to fail linking.
Advertisement
Thanks for posting this. I needed to get an application with FTGL running in release, and removing global optimisation was the simplest way to do it. Not a long term solution, but if not for you saying this works I would still be trying freetype recompilations and other stuff, instead of moving on.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement