Lots of spam problem tracker

Started by
12 comments, last by jbadams 10 years, 8 months ago
Good to see the spammers realized they're a problem and at least posted their crap in the right place: http://www.gamedev.net/tracker/project-1-gamedevnet-articles/
Advertisement
FWIW I've still been keeping an eye on it and fixing article issues that are reported

Drew Sikora
Executive Producer
GameDev.net

Not that it really bothers me or anything.. ;)

But there's a month worth of spam in there now, and it doesn't seem to contain a single legitimate thread. I think you might as well close the forum completely or at least remove the link to it in the main menu.
Yea, no argument here.

Drew Sikora
Executive Producer
GameDev.net

just recived this:

Hi Dear !
How are you doing today,hope fine, my name is Rita and i am a girl. I saw your profile today www.gamedev.net and decided to extend my greetings to you.
I will be very glad if you can contact me thorough my email address,so that i can send you my pictures and tell you more about myself here is my adress(ritabirara2@yahoo.com.ph)
Remember the distance,color or age does not matter but love matters a lot in alife
Have a nice day and remain Blessed.
Rita

just recived this:

Hi Dear !
How are you doing today,hope fine, my name is Rita and i am a girl. I saw your profile today www.gamedev.net and decided to extend my greetings to you.
I will be very glad if you can contact me thorough my email address,so that i can send you my pictures and tell you more about myself here is my adress(ritabirara2@yahoo.com.ph)
Remember the distance,color or age does not matter but love matters a lot in alife
Have a nice day and remain Blessed.
Rita

tumblr_lkhs6sGE761qf1x6h.jpg
[size=2][ I was ninja'd 71 times before I stopped counting a long time ago ] [ f.k.a. MikeTacular ] [ My Blog ] [ SWFer: Gaplessly looped MP3s in your Flash games ]
Geri please use the Report button found at the bottom of each PM message so we can see the user details of the person who sent the message. There's no account tied to the email used in the PM

Drew Sikora
Executive Producer
GameDev.net

Geri please use the Report button found at the bottom of each PM message so we can see the user details of the person who sent the message. There's no account tied to the email used in the PM

I get these pretty regularly via email, so it may not be possible to report a PM directly...

Tristam MacDonald. Ex-BigTech Software Engineer. Future farmer. [https://trist.am]

[quote name='Gaiiden' timestamp='1330968884' post='4919511']

I get these pretty regularly via email, so it may not be possible to report a PM directly...
[/quote]

Good point. Still, it's just a notification the actual PM is still in your Inbox on the site might as well just open it and click report than visit the forums and post about it. Although, I don't mind if someone chooses the latter so long as they provide us the info needed to do something about it tongue.png

This user has been banned now, BTW

Drew Sikora
Executive Producer
GameDev.net

Good point. Still, it's just a notification the actual PM is still in your Inbox on the site might as well just open it and click report than visit the forums and post about it.

No, I mean I get an actual email with that same text. Not a PM notification - I guess the same spam bot is harvesting email addresses from profiles.
Although, I don't mind if someone chooses the latter so long as they provide us the info needed to do something about it tongue.png[/quote]
I just reported another PM, as well.

Tristam MacDonald. Ex-BigTech Software Engineer. Future farmer. [https://trist.am]

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement