How not to update your site?

Started by
18 comments, last by Alpha_ProgDes 12 years, 9 months ago
Yes, the default-on sound in general would definitely worth a FUUUU comic...

BTW it took about 90 seconds to load, then clicking on one robot/whatever took 30 seconds to load that "info" thingy. Remember, America isn't here yet..
Advertisement
The music wasn't that bad. Plus you could easily turn it off. It wasn't like you had to turn off your speakers because the sound control was hidden or inaccessible.

Beginner in Game Development?  Read here. And read here.

The music wasn't that bad. Plus you could easily turn it off. It wasn't like you had to turn off your speakers because the sound control was hidden or inaccessible.

I listen to music on the computer all the time. And not just some background music, so every "go to mediaplayer and stop your favourite 10 minute song because of random event" moment is a FUUUU moment for me.
I have to agree with the OP on this one simply because of the fact that most people who go to a Gundam site would like to see Gundams flying around on the screen, a really nice looking, immersive site. It takes longer to load, yes, but for the fans it is probably worth the wait. Then again, I don't like Gundam so I wouldn't know for sure.:unsure:
Ok, as a non-fanboy :) how would you rate it?
  • Great?
  • Good?
  • OK?
  • Meh?
  • Hmm?
  • What?
  • Eww?
  • WTF?
  • Should I sit in crap instead?

• Great?
  • Good?
  • OK?
  • Meh?
  • Hmm?
  • What?
  • Eww?
  • WTF?

The old site? Some where between Eww? and Wtf? flash websites are bad mkay?

[quote name='Alpha_ProgDes' timestamp='1311283868' post='4838655']
  • Great?
  • Good?
  • OK?
  • Meh?
  • Hmm?
  • What?
  • Eww?
  • WTF?

[/quote]

Well, I mean, Homestar Runner is a flash website, but that doesn't make it bad, does it? Loads of people visit that site everyday, after all.
I agree with the majority here, the new site is better than the old one
Prolly cheaper/quicker to create as well!

[quote name='tstrimple' timestamp='1311284120' post='4838658']
[quote name='Alpha_ProgDes' timestamp='1311283868' post='4838655']
  • Great?
  • Good?
  • OK?
  • Meh?
  • Hmm?
  • What?
  • Eww?
  • WTF?

[/quote]

Well, I mean, Homestar Runner is a flash website, but that doesn't make it bad, does it? Loads of people visit that site everyday, after all.
[/quote]
I suppose it just about works well enough for watching animations and playing games, but even then why does it insist to use only 10% of my total screen space? I guess the quality of the content makes up for the less than optimal design.

As for the Gundam website: if it's supposed to be optimized for finding information then the first one is a definite WTF, and the redesign is at most a meh. For me they are both not visually attractive or very usable, but I'm not really interested in Gundam so my opinion might differ from the typical user and therefor not all that relevant in this case.
I doubt it's optimized for searching. But it's obviously made for clicking and getting a "oh. what was that?" response.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement