OpenGL based games

Started by
3 comments, last by mmakrzem 12 years, 9 months ago
Dear All,

I am new to this forum. I am basically a 3D graphics guy not much into Gaming. I am looking for below OpenGL based games. My main purpose is for Tracing the OpenGL calls.

Doom 3, Far Cry, Quake 4, Unreal Tournment 2003/2004 , Half life ,[font="Calibri"] [/font] Homeworld2 ,[font="Calibri"] [/font]World of warcraft , Serous sam2, Star wars: Knights of old republic.

Please share links or pointers where to download these games. I know some are Open Source (Quake, Doom etc) , but i couldn't find any link to download the source.
It would be of great help if any of you guys could help me with the pointers. Even if they are PAID downloads, please share the info. Even if you have any info about other openGLES/OpenGL games, please let me know.,

TIA.

cheers,
Krish

Advertisement
none of these games are opensource, only the ID-Tech engines <4 are (Doom3, quake 1,2,3). So only the engine not the game assets(models, textures, levels etc).
Also I do think that farcry was a DX9 game.

You can take a look on the sources of many of the opensource games which are out there (nexus, warmoger?) for example
I think their ftp site was ftp.idsoftware.com
They have all the demo versions of their games and the source code for the games that are open source.
Sig: http://glhlib.sourceforge.net
an open source GLU replacement library. Much more modern than GLU.
float matrix[16], inverse_matrix[16];
glhLoadIdentityf2(matrix);
glhTranslatef2(matrix, 0.0, 0.0, 5.0);
glhRotateAboutXf2(matrix, angleInRadians);
glhScalef2(matrix, 1.0, 1.0, -1.0);
glhQuickInvertMatrixf2(matrix, inverse_matrix);
glUniformMatrix4fv(uniformLocation1, 1, FALSE, matrix);
glUniformMatrix4fv(uniformLocation2, 1, FALSE, inverse_matrix);
google gamename demo
My Ghost Toast Game was written using OpenGL.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement