Sign in to follow this  
OgbobeBuko

OpenGL Screwed up Navigation

i just implemented an opengl program, where could load,drag and rotate models....but my navigation seems to be screwed up...the aim of this program is to show i could assemble all the models together...but every time i drag the models closer to each other ..they look like they are connected from one camera angle...but once i rotate the camera to another angle i see a completely different result the models are no where close to each other....i am so lost now i dont know what the problem is.....please any ideas on what i should be doing will be great .

thanks

A screenshot might be useful. How are you moving the models, in a plane perpendicular to the camera? Its not really unusual that this will happen as your only moving things in 2d. You could try moving things along a ground plane. Another option might be to have globally axis aligned handles on your objects and drag those around.

[quote name='Nanoha' timestamp='1311346687' post='4838950']
A screenshot might be useful. How are you moving the models, in a plane perpendicular to the camera? Its not really unusual that this will happen as your only moving things in 2d. You could try moving things along a ground plane. Another option might be to have globally axis aligned handles on your objects and drag those around.
[/quote]

thanks Nanoha for your reply
i am new to opengl, i just know i can move the models in x, y and z axis...but i placed the models in such a way i dont have to move them in the z axis when trying to assemble them, how do i implement this axis aligned handles.

thanks