• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
OgbobeBuko

OpenGL Screwed up Navigation

This topic is 2550 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

i just implemented an opengl program, where could load,drag and rotate models....but my navigation seems to be screwed up...the aim of this program is to show i could assemble all the models together...but every time i drag the models closer to each other ..they look like they are connected from one camera angle...but once i rotate the camera to another angle i see a completely different result the models are no where close to each other....i am so lost now i dont know what the problem is.....please any ideas on what i should be doing will be great .

thanks

Advertisement
A screenshot might be useful. How are you moving the models, in a plane perpendicular to the camera? Its not really unusual that this will happen as your only moving things in 2d. You could try moving things along a ground plane. Another option might be to have globally axis aligned handles on your objects and drag those around.

A screenshot might be useful. How are you moving the models, in a plane perpendicular to the camera? Its not really unusual that this will happen as your only moving things in 2d. You could try moving things along a ground plane. Another option might be to have globally axis aligned handles on your objects and drag those around.

thanks Nanoha for your reply
i am new to opengl, i just know i can move the models in x, y and z axis...but i placed the models in such a way i dont have to move them in the z axis when trying to assemble them, how do i implement this axis aligned handles.

thanks

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!