"ID3DBlob" is undefined

Started by
3 comments, last by PoorManMe 12 years, 8 months ago
I keep getting this error and I can't seem to figure out where this little sucker comes from. MSDN says that ID3DBlob is defined in the D3Dcompiler.h header file. I included that header file and added D3dcompiler.lib to additional dependencies and still no luck. Oddly enough ID3D10Blob works, but I'm using Direct3D 11. Any help?
Advertisement
I should have read the msdn page a little more carefully, it says ID3DBlob is type defined as ID3D10Blob, so I guess it doesn't matter. Still don't understand why I can't just use ID3DBlob, and why they felt the need to type define it in the first place.
In DX11 there is no ID3DBlob version... you have to include the dx10 headers and use ID3D10Blob
ID3DBlob is a typedef in d3dcommon.h. You should get it if you include d3d11.h or d3dcompiler.h.
I found the problem. There's a d3d11.h file in the Windows SDK directory as well as the one in the directx sdk. Visual C++ was using the one from the windows sdk, so I just removed the directory from my project.
I got it. VC++ was including the d3d11.h file from the Windows SDK and not the DirectX SDK. I just had to add the include directory for DirectX before the include directory for the Windows SDK in the VC++ Directories. Thanks for the help everyone.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement