Jump to content
  • Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

From 2.20.2 to 2.21.0: x64 error when linking static lib to app

This topic is 2552 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Recommended Posts

This is on windows 7 with vc2010. I just switched from version 2.20.2 to version 2.21.0. For Win32 everything is ok. I compiled to x64 static lib as well, as I did with the previous version.
When I link this lib with my application, I get the following error:

angelscript64.lib(as_callfunc.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "unsigned __int64 __cdecl CallSystemFunctionNative(class asCContext *,class asCScriptFunction *,void *,unsigned long *,void *,unsigned __int64 &)" (?CallSystemFunctionNative@@YA_KPEAVasCContext@@PEAVasCScriptFunction@@PEAXPEAK2AEA_K@Z)

Any idea what I could be doing wrong?

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
It looks like the library project file for MSVC10 isn't including the as_callfunc_x64_msvc.cpp in the compilation. You probably also need to include the as_callfunc_x64_msvc_asm.asm.

If there are no default settings for compiling assembler files in MSVC10, then you can use the following compilation configuration:

ml64.exe /c /nologo /Fo$(OutDir)\as_callfunc_x64_msvc_asm.obj /W3 /Zi /Ta $(InputDir)\$(InputFileName)

It is what I use in the MSVC9 project files.

If you could share the updated project files after you got it to compile, I'll have it updated in the SDK.


Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

  • Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!