Multitexture units and lighting

Started by
3 comments, last by FXO 22 years, 7 months ago
Hey there! Anybody know if there is any way to apply different material properties (using glMaterialf() or similar) for different texture units when using multitexturing? example: I have 2 textures which are drawn using "GL_TEXTURE0_ARB" & "GL_TEXTURE1_ARB" and I want one to have an ambient of "0,0,0.5" and the other "1, 0.5, 0" for example. Now is there any way of doing this in one pass? Thanks /Fredrik Olsson
Advertisement
I have been waiting for someone more knowledgeable than I but unless you had a card with more than one full pipeline onboard I don''t think so. Materials are not handled in the raster phase so I doubt you get two lighting environments. I could be wrong though but since no one has replied odds are I am right.

The fanatic is incorruptible: if he kills for an idea, he can just as well get himself killed for one; in either case, tyrant or martyr, he is a monster.
--EM Cioran

Opere Citato
"... we should have such an empire for liberty as she has never surveyed since the creation ..."Thomas Jefferson
It''s not possible. As GKW said, you would need multiple pipelines. The material properties (-> lighting) is applied at a different stage than the texture fragment combining.
use the combineARB extension

if u want the lighting use PRIMARY_COLOR_ARB this can be used on wither textureunit 0 or 1

sorry ignore this post i misread the question
though now i think about it perhaps u could use PRIMARY_COLOR_ARB on one unit and CONSTANT_ARB on the other then again perhaps not perhaps nvcombine4 or definitly register combiners will be able to do what u want

http://members.xoom.com/myBollux

Edited by - zedzeek on September 20, 2001 5:07:28 PM
Thanks for your replies!

I have a another question about multitexturing:

If you combine two textures (on an two-textureunits-board)using "GL_MODULATE" or some other operator as argument to "glTexEnv", how do u do this in two single passes?

You could use blend to add textures, but modulate multiplies the colors,,....

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement