• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

[SlimDX] 2D Line drawing with color and line thickness - URGENT... PLZ HELP

This topic is 2433 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi there,

I am using SlimDX with C# to develop my 2D chart. Due to our client's recommendation I am using 'SlimDX.Direct3D9'.

I have a simple requirement. I am using Primitive drawing to draw the lines. But I found following issues.

1. I have to draw lines with different thickness and different color. I found it difficult to implement it using primitive drawing (using PrimitiveType.LineList).

My code looks as follows.

public struct PositionColored
public Vector3 Position;
public int Color;
public Vector3 Normal;
public static readonly VertexFormat format = VertexFormat.Diffuse | VertexFormat.Position | VertexFormat.Normal;

In reder method:-

_Device.VertexFormat = PositionColored.format;
_Device.DrawUserPrimitives<PositionColored>(primitiveType, 0, vertices.Length / 2, vertices);

I found few examples with rendering using triangle type. But in my case I should be able to provide a color at run time in which i can draw lines. So thickness and color are the problems I am facing here.

Now, when i finished drawing, all the lines are rendered in same color (Black -> despite i specify the color as Red) and with unique thickness. Can any one please help?

2. I tried with an alternate approach by using the Line object. I could give a specific color and thickness also. But unfortunately I can only draw cannected lines (just like in 'LineStrip' . But I want the functionality like 'LineList'.

Code is given below.

SlimDX.Direct3D9.Line _Line = null;
_Line.GLLines = true;
_Line.Width = 0.5;

_Line.Draw(_Vertices, this._RenderColor);

If some one can help to solve out any of these 2 scenarios, it would be a great help. Please advise, thanks in advance.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement