Sign in to follow this  
abu_alfouz

[java] Java Printer Driver

Hi All,

I need a virtual printer (like PDF printer) written in Java. Can anybody help me? What I mean is a virtual printer that when the user print something and choose it from the printing options dialog I want the printed content to be delivered to my Java driver (some class). Any idea?

Thank you.

I honestly dont know anything about this specific subject, but....... you might want to look at it in a more abstract level, instead of focusing on finding how to do it in java, find out how to do it in general in any language, as I'am guessing it has more to do with how the printer communicates, when you understand that, then maybe you will have a more clear cut answer, on how to do it in java.

Its kinda like if you asked how to create an XML parser in java, you first have to understand the XML language, and then once you got that down pact then making it in java is trivial as its actually just reading a text file, the work would come in with you programming the routines to recognize the syntax of the text(XML) file. and those are my 2 cents.

[quote name='The_Neverending_Loop' timestamp='1311696808' post='4840613']
I honestly dont know anything about this specific subject, but....... you might want to look at it in a more abstract level, instead of focusing on finding how to do it in java, find out how to do it in general in any language, as I'am guessing it has more to do with how the printer communicates, when you understand that, then maybe you will have a more clear cut answer, on how to do it in java.

Its kinda like if you asked how to create an XML parser in java, you first have to understand the XML language, and then once you got that down pact then making it in java is trivial as its actually just reading a text file, the work would come in with you programming the routines to recognize the syntax of the text(XML) file. and those are my 2 cents.
[/quote]

You are right thank you, if I have this solution on any language I can manage to convert it to java. The important is to find the solution.