Sign in to follow this  
JamesPenny

Dark Ages RP (needs tester/players)

JamesPenny    148
I've been working on a play-by-mail roleplaying/strategy game inspired by Crusader Kings, King Arthur and innumerable other games. And, well, here it is!

The Dark Ages RP is a new play-by-mail roleplaying/strategy hybrid set in a dark-ages inspired land. It is a time of conflict and suffering. It is up to you, a minor Count in a backwoods settlement, to find your fortune among the blood-soaked pastures and disease-ridden burghs.

I don't want to go into too much detail because the fog of war is a major part of the game but I can say:

Play takes place on a hex-map of either England and Wales (if there is enough uptake) or a smaller fantasy world.
Players can rule alone or as a council- groups can make decisions together.
The Economy, Diplomacy, Espionage-y and Military aspects of rule are simulated to some extent.
The game has been designed to give players as simple an experience as possible. Simple decisions can have far-reaching effects.
Diplomacy is [i]very [/i]free form. Anything is possible with the GM taking a back-seat to player driven storylines.

----

I'm tentatively taking applications for the first game which will start as soon as there is enough players. I'm also looking for applications from potential Games-Masters who want to give it a shot. The current version is very fluid and may change as we come to stumbling blocks mid-game but t'is certainly playable.

Further instruction will be sent if you reply or PM, I'll need an email address of course.

I look forward to seeing if anyone replies. :)

Sign in to follow this