Sign in to follow this  
etag96

Simple 2 player Game Setup

Hello, I use Unity3D and it's builtIn C# code, and i just recently downloaded the Electroserver apis and I know how to program in Unity's C#, but i don't know what the functions from ES mean, if anyone can help describe what each functino is/does or what function(s) are best for making a new room limited to 2 players, and if no room exists, or one is full, make a new one or search for another one, and basically allow each player to see the other one. Thank you for your time and any help!

-etag96

While I'm not sure about Electroserver or the API's that are associated with it I do know that the most common networking that is done within Unity3D is done following this [url="http://www.scribd.com/doc/38400039/M2H-Unity-Networking-Tutorial"]tutorial[/url]. I know that most of them use SmartFoxServer2 which would primarily be used for matchmaking in a simple 2 player game. As for the questions you pose at the end for making rooms limited to specific people you could run a check in the Update() function which would check how many people with the "Player" tag are connected and present in a scene and if its above a certain number not allow any more connections. Making people see each other and stuff I'm not too sure about I think its covered in the tutorial though.

[quote name='etag96' timestamp='1311659345' post='4840388']
i don't know what the functions from ES mean, if anyone can help describe what each functino is/does
[/quote]

http://www.lmgtfy.com/?q=electroserver+api+documentation