Sign in to follow this  
savail

How to set resources in visual c++ project?

Hey,
Do you know any tutorials on how to set resources in visual c++ or could you tell me step by step how to do this? I would be very grateful!

In VS C# using XNA you have a content pipeline, where you add resources to the project so you can use XNA's functions to use them.
In case you're confused with this, usually you just use a C++ library to open, say a JPG file, and than use something like file.open("myimage.jpg") where myimage.jpg is located in the same directory as the executable file.

[quote name='vleugel' timestamp='1311704570' post='4840713']
In VS C# using XNA you have a content pipeline, where you add resources to the project so you can use XNA's functions to use them.
In case you're confused with this, usually you just use a C++ library to open, say a JPG file, and than use something like file.open("myimage.jpg") where myimage.jpg is located in the same directory as the executable file.
[/quote]

That's really neato and all, but he's not using C#.

I suspect the OP is looking for information about the [url="http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa380599(v=vs.85).aspx"]Resource Compiler and resource definition scripts[/url]. The link goes to the MSDN documentation. Without a more specific question, that's the best I can do.