How to set resources in visual c++ project?

Started by
3 comments, last by yckx 12 years, 8 months ago
Hey,
Do you know any tutorials on how to set resources in visual c++ or could you tell me step by step how to do this? I would be very grateful!
Advertisement
That's a little vague... what kind of "resources"? What do you mean by "set" them?

Wielder of the Sacred Wands
[Work - ArenaNet] [Epoch Language] [Scribblings]

In VS C# using XNA you have a content pipeline, where you add resources to the project so you can use XNA's functions to use them.
In case you're confused with this, usually you just use a C++ library to open, say a JPG file, and than use something like file.open("myimage.jpg") where myimage.jpg is located in the same directory as the executable file.

In VS C# using XNA you have a content pipeline, where you add resources to the project so you can use XNA's functions to use them.
In case you're confused with this, usually you just use a C++ library to open, say a JPG file, and than use something like file.open("myimage.jpg") where myimage.jpg is located in the same directory as the executable file.

That's really neato and all, but he's not using C#.

Wielder of the Sacred Wands
[Work - ArenaNet] [Epoch Language] [Scribblings]

I suspect the OP is looking for information about the Resource Compiler and resource definition scripts. The link goes to the MSDN documentation. Without a more specific question, that's the best I can do.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement