Debug and Release

Started by
16 comments, last by szecs 12 years, 8 months ago
I have recently finished a program and am now trying to build a release version of the program

Unfortunately my release version doesnt want to work...

I am now questing for more information on this subject, does anyone know any tutorials or books on this subject?

Edit: I am using Visual Studio 2010
Advertisement
Hi. What problems do you have exactly ? Usually, most release problems are caused by uninitialized variables and such.

I have recently finished a program and am now trying to build a release version of the program

Unfortunately my release version doesnt want to work...

I am now questing for more information on this subject, does anyone know any tutorials or books on this subject?

Edit: I am using Visual Studio 2010

If you paste the build log here, we'll be able to tell you exactly what the problem is.

- Kevin.
http://www.kevin-fell.co.uk
Which compiler are you using?
You should probably use something like log4net to do your logging and then examine the logs when you try to run it in Release mode. In Program.cs wrap the entire content of your stat void Main method in a try catch that catches on Exception and output your exception info to a log and see what that says.

You should probably use something like log4net to do your logging and then examine the logs when you try to run it in Release mode. In Program.cs wrap the entire content of your stat void Main method in a try catch that catches on Exception and output your exception info to a log and see what that says.

Assuming the OP is using c#.....

Usually, most release problems are caused by uninitialized variables and such.

my money is on this one... if we are talking about C++ of course.

Stefano Casillo
TWITTER: [twitter]KunosStefano[/twitter]
AssettoCorsa - netKar PRO - Kunos Simulazioni

[quote name='freddyscoming4you' timestamp='1311687934' post='4840520']

Assuming the OP is using c#.....
[/quote]
Indeed. Chances are close to 50/50 he is. :)
Does your program use a file or more files? If so, where are those files?
Sorry I always seem to forget some things

I am using C++ and OpenGL, The program itself compiles but the .exe in the release folder doesnt seem to work

Could this be caused by uninitialised variables?

I have checked the build log and Ive only got some warnings for conversions (loss of data)

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement