Game development book

Started by
10 comments, last by kkrz 12 years, 8 months ago
Eyop!
Any tips on any good game programming books? It should be C++ oriented (not for beginners).
Idono! That's me!
Advertisement
Are there any listed in the FAQ above?

-- Tom Sloper -- sloperama.com

That's the reason im asking. I didnt find anything on the resource page that really fit in to what i was looking for. I didnt find some books that are introductions to c++ trough game programming. And another one that is a more advance book for gameprogrammers.

What i need is a starter book that covers graphics in 2d and 3d (both directx and opengl), sound, script implementations and some desgin.
Idono! That's me!
There's no such starter book. Either pick something like UDK, Unity, Gamecreator, etc. or work your way through basics.

There's no such starter book. Either pick something like UDK, Unity, Gamecreator, etc. or work your way through basics.

If he wants to learn graphics programming in openGL or DX, those engines arent going to teach him that. Unless he gets source code access he cant touch any of the graphics code.
Never, ever stop learning.
- Me
> If he wants to learn graphics programming in openGL or DX, those engines arent going to teach him that.

And before he does that, he needs to work with basics. OpenGL or DirectX are not starting points.
Sry i forgot to add that it should be C++ oriented since i've worked with C++ for a while now.
Idono! That's me!

Sry i forgot to add that it should be C++ oriented since i've worked with C++ for a while now.

Your request is really vague. You want a C++ game development book but not for beginners? Typically non-beginner books have a specific subject or genre in mind, like graphics, AI, RPGs, engine creation, etc.

I'd go to Amazon and search for C++ game development and peruse the reviews, you'll get a lot more feedback than in here.
C++ for Games Programmers is pretty good. Maybe that's the kind of thing you are looking for?

Steven Yau
[Blog] [Portfolio]

I've always liked "Game Programming All in One" (second or third edition, NOT the first one). http://www.amazon.co...r/dp/1598632892 It's a GOOD starting point :). That isn't C++ but If you have OOP knowledge you can easily "class the book up"
Check out my blog: vladimirsan.com

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement