CLOSED:Sprite Generator I made

Started by
26 comments, last by rip-off 12 years, 7 months ago

i gets hanged when i try to save

Same, tried on Chrome and Internet Explorer. Otherwise, very nice utility. Iron out the bug and it shall be put to good use!
Advertisement
I have the same problem in IE, I use Firefox and it works fine.

EDIT: A little looking around, IE and Chrome have been having problems, they have too many bugs. Will be looking at other browsers, but the problem with IE and Chrome , are the browsers not the applet, therefore not a bug with my applet. Not sure what is wrong with chrome as I never use it. But I will download it and see if I get the same result as I do with IE, the problem is the browser not allowing the applet to save rather than the applet not saving.

Firefox, Opera and Safari work just fine.
Chrome and IE do not work on saving only. (Everything else about the applet is good.)

Which leads me to believe that IE and Chrome are bugged somehow and it is a browser/HTML problem, as Opera and Safari worked on fresh install, and IE was used on Fresh windows install with newest Java and Chrome was on fresh install. Only Firefox was tested without fresh install.

The only thing I can think of is if the save default location is used by the index.html in the 3 browsers that work, but not in IE or Chrome, which I would have to manually set in the HTML file(which I do not know how to do as I do not program HTML, but I can easily find out.). I will have to do further testing and if this is the problem I can fix it; however I am sure it is a browser issue.

Sprite Creator 3 VX & XP

WARNING: I edit my posts constantly.

Sounds good, thanks for the info!
Just downloaded the latest version of Firefox and having the same problem. I'll need to play around with some permissions or something maybe.
java.io.FileNotFoundException: Saved\M_00_00_00_00_00_00_00.png (The system cannot find the path specified)
at java.io.RandomAccessFile.open(Native Method)
at java.io.RandomAccessFile.<init>(Unknown Source)
at javax.imageio.stream.FileImageOutputStream.<init>(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.imageio.spi.FileImageOutputStreamSpi.createOutputStreamInstance(Unknown Source)
at javax.imageio.ImageIO.createImageOutputStream(Unknown Source)
at javax.imageio.ImageIO.write(Unknown Source)
at SprCre.save(SprCre.java:254)
at SprCre.SaveBitmap(SprCre.java:737)
at SprCre.CheckTheMouse(SprCre.java:322)
at SprCre.run(SprCre.java:227)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
Exception in thread "Thread-12" java.lang.NullPointerException

java.io.FileNotFoundException: Saved\M_00_00_00_00_00_00_00.png (The system cannot find the path specified)
at java.io.RandomAccessFile.open(Native Method)
at java.io.RandomAccessFile.<init>(Unknown Source)
at javax.imageio.stream.FileImageOutputStream.<init>(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.imageio.spi.FileImageOutputStreamSpi.createOutputStreamInstance(Unknown Source)
at javax.imageio.ImageIO.createImageOutputStream(Unknown Source)
Exception in thread "Thread-12" java.lang.NullPointerException

Updated first post.

Sprite Creator 3 VX & XP

OK, works with Opera! DOES NOT work with latest version of FIREFOX (for me anyway), that is all...

EDIT: and the download link seems to not be working at the moment, file not found (bandwidth?).

OK, works with Opera! DOES NOT work with latest version of FIREFOX (for me anyway), that is all...

EDIT: and the download link seems to not be working at the moment, file not found (bandwidth?).

Thanks for letting me know about the link, updated link. Will have to download latest Firefox and see what is up.

Sprite Creator 3 VX & XP

Installed the latest Firefox, had no problems, if this was your first time installing Firefox, you may have to update java and re install the latest JRE.

Updated first post, download hasn't changed yet, but will soon. Just adding a animation preview for now.

Sprite Creator 3 VX & XP

Excellent program, here are the sprites I made.

[Spoiler]
SpriteCreator3sprites.png
[/spoiler]

I did however have to copy the image, and was unable to save, the application froze for me. I am using windows 7, Firefox(my preferred browser).

I do have a few suggestions however:
-you should rename and reorganize the accessory categories, into four categories, Head, Facial Hair, Neck, Face.
Below is a picture with them ideally separated for you.
[spoiler]
Recategory.png
[/spoiler]
This way people can make bearded ladies, and combine the hair clips for the girls with the scarfs, as well guys will now be able to have hair clips, as well the beards under the scarf, etc etc, many combinations I noticed that I was unable to make.

-It's my opinion to not limit the graphics based on gender, you never know what will look good, or what the game maker may want to combine. The main character may need to wear a dress for a short time, much like cloud in FF7.

-Add some swim wear, shorts no shirt for guys, and bikini/two-piece for girls

-Add some weapon/shield options, so the sprites can carry weapons/shields in their hand, or on their back.

-Add an eye category, so there is an option to change eye color, as well as squinted eyes, one or the other eye scarred out, etc.

-Make another eye patch graphics, one on the other eye.

-Make a balding hair style, one with hair on the sides, but none on the top, make a white, grey and black one, the black one combined with ponytail will look samurai style.

Great job, love the program. Keep up the great work!

EDIT: Add skin colors. Black, white, tan, brown, green, blue etc.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement