Sign in to follow this  

Tech demo for job interview

This topic is 2324 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I'm thinking about creating a graphics tech demo to show in job interviews, and I'm wondering what do tech demos generally include...
Should I simply implement known techniques with little adjustments to the level shown in the demo? Or should do tech demos usually contain new techniques?

What is expected from a tech demo in a job interview for game/graphics programmers? Share your thoughts.:)

I think you can benefit from both. A demo with a known technique shows precisely that, that you can implement a known technique (hopefully showing that you understand the math behind it). New techniques show that you keep up-to-date on graphics tech. That being said, sometimes companies want a code sample. So also make sure to have good code in the demo in case they ask for the source.

[quote name='TiagoCosta' timestamp='1312476369' post='4844564']
I'm thinking about creating a graphics tech demo to show in job interviews, and I'm wondering what do tech demos generally include...
What is expected from a tech demo in a job interview for game/graphics programmers? Share your thoughts.:)
[/quote]
I think these are the wrong questions. And I think you should share YOUR thoughts. What would interest you? What do you think would make an INTERESTING tech demo, from YOUR point of view?

This topic is 2324 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.