player->shoot = false;
player->pistolFrame = 1;
}

// draw
if( player->direction == RIGHT )
{
if( player->shoot )
{
graphics->ApplySurface( player->handgun.xPos, player->handgun.yPos, player->pistol, graphics->screen, player->pistolClips[player->pistolFrame] );
player->pistolFrame++;
}
else
{
graphics->ApplySurface( player->handgun.xPos, player->handgun.yPos, player->pistol, graphics->screen, player->pistolClips[0] );
}
}
else if( player->direction == LEFT )
{
if( player->shoot )
{
graphics->ApplySurface( player->handgun.xPos, player->handgun.yPos, player->pistol, graphics->screen, player->pistolClips[player->pistolFrame + 3] );
player->pistolFrame++;
}
else
{
player->handgun.xPos -= 15;
graphics->ApplySurface( player->handgun.xPos, player->handgun.yPos, player->pistol, graphics->screen, player->pistolClips[3] );
}
}

and here is what should set player->shoot to true;

if( keystate[ SDLK_SPACE ] )
{
shoot = true;
}

Advertisement
Step One: If you haven't already, download msvc 2010 express:
http://www.microsoft.com/visualstudio/en-us/products/2010-editions/visual-cpp-express

Step Two: Move your code into the new IDE.

Step Three: Run you code in debug mode, with a break-point set at 'shoot = true;' or some other reasonable place.

This is a problem that with a debugger you can track down very quickly, and learning to use one will help you tremendously in the future.

(if you already have msvc or a good debugger say so and we can go from there)
I am using msvc 2010, but i cannot do step three because the program only gets to 'shoot = true;' if space is pressed. using the debuger is moves the program one frame at a time. I would have to press play, rush to the other side of the screen, click it, then press space.
Now I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure msvc express comes with the same debugging capabilities as the normal version.

In which case, just set the configuration to debug build and click the green arrow or w/e and it will run normally until it hits a break point.
Just add the break-point somewhere sensible.

Then you can step through the program to ensure its working properly.

Now I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure msvc express comes with the same debugging capabilities as the normal version.

In which case, just set the configuration to debug build and click the green arrow or w/e and it will run normally until it hits a break point.
Just add the break-point somewhere sensible.

Then you can step through the program to ensure its working properly.

It does.

All nano has to do is place a breakpoint after he's handeled the right keycode, aka. "Space". And then place a breakpoint on all the significant logical statements.

As someone said in one of your previous posts. "You should learn debuging because that's going to fix moste of your problems". It's really easy and it fixes your problems quickly.
Idono! That's me!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement