Sign in to follow this  
MushroomBoy64

Came here for help

MushroomBoy64    100
Hello everyone.

As you know by now, I am completely new to this place, and like most of you, I want to design games even though I'm not very compatible with actual game programming, but I do have skills with story and concept writing which should at least make up for that.

I could really introduce myself a little bit, but I think I'm posting in the wrong place for introductions as a new member on here. Anyways, I'll just skip to the chase with what I'm working on.

Right now, I am personally working on a project of my own: a new fighting game inspired by others called [i]Princess Fighter[/i]. If you're wondering what it is, it may not actually be what you thought at first. First of all, this project of mine contains original characters (or OCs for short), and a story of its own. It absolutely is similar to Street Fighter, but it's supposed to be more magical and fantasy-like, and the game is supposed to be appropriate for everyone although it mostly contains female characters.

While I'm trying to turn this into a game, I actually first had to make my characters interact with each other as friends which they are. My OCs are well known as, of course, the [i]Princess Fighters[/i]. I have made them interact with each other, make new friends, and even fight against evil to save their own world. I have been focused on this project for precisely 2 years now, so it wasn't made too long ago. I may have missed out on some steps I should have taken with game designing, but at least I got creative in some way.

Since I have brought up my project, I would also like you guys to at least see the characters I have created for the game. You can view them here: [url="http://metalmushroom.deviantart.com/gallery/8616286"][color="#1d6297"]http://metalmushroom.deviantart.com/gallery/8616286[/color][/url] (I am known as MetalMushroom on that website, called Deviantart.) If any of you are already part of that website, please friend me on there so we can try and keep in touch and if you are interested in learning about [i]Princess Fighter[/i] as well. I also have more [i]Princess Fighter[/i] related content all over my profile page of Deviantart, so please check there as well.

To conclude this topic for now, the reason why I came here was because not only do I know and have played some of the fighting games discussed on here, but I'm also here to seek some help with my project as well as building up my team and make it bigger to make [i]Princess Fighter[/i] a true game.

Once again, hello to everyone on here, and I hope I have come to the right place to get the help I need for [i]Princess Fighter[/i], and to enjoy my stay here while I focus what I'm working on. Please note me if you are really interested in my project. I would be happy if you guys can help me.

DarioMicera    126
Hi and welcome :D

From my personal (little) experience in game design:

It all comes from experience.

I can suggest "the art of Game design: a book of lenses" by Jesse Schell, a really interesting book to approach game design.

Tom Sloper    16040
[quote name='MushroomBoy64' timestamp='1312615575' post='4845348']the reason why I came here was because ... I'm also here to seek some help with my project as well as building up my team... Please note me if you are really interested in my project. [/quote]
Please use the Help Wanted forum for Help Wanted topics. Thread closing.