Sign in to follow this  

glBindTexture giving GL_INVALID_VALUE

This topic is 2325 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hey guys, I'm doing something wrong, but I really can't figure out what it is.

I create 4 textures during initialization, using this routine:
[code]
void OGLWrapper::CreateTexture(void*, unsigned int Width, unsigned int Height, BYTE *Data, void**, GLuint *TextureOGL)
{
glGenTextures(1, TextureOGL);
CheckError("CreateTexture (glGenTextures)");
glBindTexture(GL_TEXTURE_2D, *TextureOGL);
CheckError("CreateTexture (glBindTexture)");
glTexImage2D(GL_TEXTURE_2D, 0, GL_RGBA8, Width, Height, 0, GL_BGRA, GL_UNSIGNED_INT_8_8_8_8, Data);
CheckError("CreateTexture (glTexImage2D)");
}
[/code]
That routine is called 4 times to create the four textures. The TextureOGL value is stored in the material class (and it turns out to be 1 through 4 for the 4 textures). This runs with no errors reported.

Then I want to use those textures to draw. So I simply try to bind them again with this function, passing in the stored Texture:
[code]
//---------------------------------------------------------------------------
void OGLWrapper::PSSetShaderResource(void*, void*, void*, void*, GLuint TextureOGL)
{
glBindTexture(GL_TEXTURE_2D, TextureOGL);
CheckError("PSSetShaderResource");
}
[/code]
The values coming into this routine are in the range of 1 to 4, so they seem right. But the function is erroring with a GL_INVALID_VALUE. According to the docs, I get this error if "target is not a name returned from a previous call to glGenTextures".

I'm not sure I understand that description, the prototype for that function is
void GlBindTexture(GLenum target, GLuint texture);

Did they mean "texture is not a name returned from.."? Because glGenTextures has nothing to do with the target as far as I can tell.

But either way, the input parameters seem right, so I don't really understand what I'm doing wrong here. Anyone have any ideas? What am I missing?

There is an app for that
[url="http://www.opengl.org/wiki/Common_Mistakes#Creating_a_Texture"]http://www.opengl.or...ating_a_Texture[/url]

This topic is 2325 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.