• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GOOSEDUMP

64-bit compile

This topic is 6178 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I''m a kinda newbie but I would be very helpful if anybody can point me in the right direction. I''m trying to find out what it would take to compile a VC++ application using MFC into 64bit code...

Advertisement
It takes a 64-bit computer and a 64-bit compiler.

For example, AIX, HP-UX, Linux and other OSes are currently available in 64-bit incarnations for DEC Alpha; Solaris SPARC64 is available (but expensive); Linux 64-bit is even available for Itanium (Pentium 4) in native mode, and GCC runs on all these platforms.

therefor you''d need the 64-bit edition of WinXP. funny how MS are about the last ones to come out with a 64-bit OS...

McDougal...DUCK McDougal

msdn.microsoft.com
The 64bit Win32 API is available as a beta as part of the platform SDK.
It should compile link & run on Win32 & Win64 - loading the appro. dlls for each system. Win64 is going to have a WoW32 type thing so all the existing 32bit programs will run under Win64. A beta version of MFC 64bit is also available if I remember correctly.

Magmai Kai Holmlor
- Not For Rent

I understand that I''ll probably need to get a hold of an Itanuim processor, a 64-bit OS (Win2000 or WinXP) and 64-bit libraries of all my include files (dll, libs)... final question, What type of compiler would I need. I know that the first pass 64-bit compile is included with platform SDK but what is beyond that? Where can I get a 64-bit compiler?

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!