Sign in to follow this  
nano511

Access Violation with SDL_PollEvent

SiCrane    11839
Is that a local variable, a global variable, a member variable? What kind of access violation are you getting? If you can't decide on what is relevant then try creating a minimal but complete code sample that demonstrates your problem: duplicate your project and start deleting code until you get down to the bare minimum amount that still has your issue.

Wooh    1088
[quote name='nano511' timestamp='1312668105' post='4845572']And it cant be broken down any farther then that one line can it?[/quote]That line is not a complete program!

nano511    103

I wont be able to make a 'test' program. There is nothing wrong with that line of code. I learned it from lazy foo's tutorials.

If i have more then one event structure is it bad?

E: here is the full error:
[code]
Unhandled exception at 0x681064ca in PaddleBattle.exe: 0xC0000005:
Access violation writing location 0xcdcdcdcd.

[break][continue]
[/code]

Wooh    1088
So you expect we can find an error in your code by looking at some peace of code that has nothing wrong with it? How could we?

You can have as many SDL_Events you want. Not that I see why you would need more than one. May I ask why?

SiCrane    11839
0xCDCDCDCD is a fill pattern used by MSVC for uninitialized memory. In other words you're probably accessing a pointer to somewhere that you haven't properly allocated. If you want more specific advice, I'd recommend creating a complete, but minimum code example as I've already explained.