Sign in to follow this  

Where to start?

This topic is 2325 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hello,

I am a 16 year old thinking of getting a career in game programming. I wanted to know where to start at my point. I have created 2D menus and one 3D programming roaming a model with DirectX 9. I have selected the language C++ to program in , just wanted to know where to start.

[img]http://img801.imageshack.us/img801/3144/topblastmenuv15.jpg[/img][img]http://imageshack.us/m/717/1277/topblastmenuv13.jpg[/img]

What i've learned best since i've started my civil engineer program is that design is more important than coding in some cases. You dont have to have an exact finished specification doc but more of an outline. It's going to make your life alot easier and saves you alot of time.

[quote name='Idono87' timestamp='1312738146' post='4845839']
What i've learned best since i've started my civil engineer program is that design is more important than coding in some cases. You dont have to have an exact finished specification doc but more of an outline. It's going to make your life alot easier and saves you alot of time.
[/quote]

but i like coding. to think i can make anytime I put my mind to, its.... fun.

This topic is 2325 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.