• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

dankydoo

Really weird problem with Textures....help!!

This topic is 6174 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I have run into a really really weird texture problem.... Using DX8, Im trying to render a background image so that it fills the viewport. I just make a quad with the dimensions of the viewport and render the texture over it.....should be simple....but when I render it, you can see the top half of the texture perfect, but the bottom half gets all stretched weird into the bottom left corner, but it gets weirder... When I run it in debug mode it runs fine!!!! Regular mode screws up...debug mode runs fine..when I say debug...i mean debug of the compiler...not DX runtimes.....help please!! dankydoo

Advertisement
Not sure if this is the answer but I''d check that you''re initialising everything properly - when filling in structs make sure you set each field- especially if it''s to be NULL.

This is the most likely cause of problem when a debug version works but the release doesn''t - in debug version, structs usually get zero''d down for you automatically - not so in the release version.

Hope it helps.

Boon.

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!