Sign in to follow this  
NebojsaVeron

Storing and displaying decorated text on multiple platforms

I'm building an application which will be available on several platforms (web, iphone, android...). They all display data from the same database.

What's the best way of storing some decorated text in the database to easily display it on all platforms? By saying decorated text, I mean on decorations like bold, italic, underline...

One option might be writing a BB code parser for each platform and storing a BB Code decorated text in database, but it doesn't sound like the best solution to me.

Any opinions? :)

[quote name='nveron' timestamp='1312801301' post='4846126']
I'm building an application which will be available on several platforms (web, iphone, android...). They all display data from the same database.

What's the best way of storing some decorated text in the database to easily display it on all platforms? By saying decorated text, I mean on decorations like bold, italic, underline...

One option might be writing a BB code parser for each platform and storing a BB Code decorated text in database, but it doesn't sound like the best solution to me.

Any opinions? :)

[/quote]

Since web is involved aswell you could just store it as html, all platforms should have a html render engine you can use.