Sign in to follow this  

Position and size detection in a sprite sheet

This topic is 2319 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hello!!

I looked in the forum but I didn't find anybody with the same problem I have so I think I should ask.

This is my situation: I have an image with a lot of sprites of the same character inside and I want to use this image to create an animation of the character in my game. In other images I used, all the sprites were equally spaced and had the same size so it was easy to locate them inside the image. Now my problem is that almost every sprite has a different size and position so it's very tedious to get the position of the sprites. Since I have 7 images with like a 50 sprites inside of each of them getting the position manually is not an option.

I thought to make a program to detect the size and position of the sprites ( I did something similar to detect shapes using the Matlab image toolkit so it's possible). But I think there's no reason to reinvent the wheel, I suppose somebody should have the same problem sometime. How did you solved it? Is there any application that makes this?

Thanks!!

This topic is 2319 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.