Some concept art

Started by
7 comments, last by VaultNews 12 years, 7 months ago
I'm pretty much a "hardcore" programmer, but sometimes I enjoy doing some concept art for my projects, especially in situations where I don't have any artists to help me out in that department (I'm in such a situation right now tbh)

I thought it'd be nice to get some feedback on these, I have absolutely no education in art whatsoever so it'd be great to hear what other people think of my work

mountainview.th.jpg

daytime.th.jpg

cityp.th.jpg

You can check these out in full size over at http://www.rainware.org/media.php

I gets all your texture budgets!

Advertisement
I'm not much of a concept guy, but I think they are nice. They are a little muddy, but you have a really nice sense of color. These would be great for palette reference for a style guide. Content-wise you may want to pick a more rich composition, showing more of the levels, a broader view highlighting key areas of interest.

Very nice work for someone that codes as well (no insult intended, but its fairly rare to see people that can work both sides of the fence.)

Good job, and keep doing these as you are off to a really good start. :)
It is pitch black. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

I'm pretty much a "hardcore" programmer, but sometimes I enjoy doing some concept art for my projects, especially in situations where I don't have any artists to help me out in that department (I'm in such a situation right now tbh)

I thought it'd be nice to get some feedback on these, I have absolutely no education in art whatsoever so it'd be great to hear what other people think of my work

mountainview.th.jpg

daytime.th.jpg

cityp.th.jpg

You can check these out in full size over at http://www.rainware.org/media.php

Great!, amazing, good! You can do graphics for mobile phones games.
Here's another one I did today:

planetconcept.th.jpg

Note that I won't do any art-related jobs for other projects, I'm a programmer not an artist :)

As someone who is working on having a career as a concept artist, I don't see you as a threat ;)

I would say you were on a good start if you wanted to push your skills forward.
You have an interesting choice of colors, and while your perspective has problems, it's good that you attempted to use it, as it is such an important part.

The bottom line is, if it answers your art needs, it's good concept art.

As someone who is working on having a career as a concept artist, I don't see you as a threat ;)

I would say you were on a good start if you wanted to push your skills forward.
You have an interesting choice of colors, and while your perspective has problems, it's good that you attempted to use it, as it is such an important part.

The bottom line is, if it answers your art needs, it's good concept art.

Thanks for the comment :)
I'm very aware of the fact that I'm nowhere close to any really talented concept artists, but I just enjoy doing this in my spare time

I love the concepts on your website by the way, I wish you all the best in getting that career as an artist

I cannot draw, so compared to what I can do they look great.

They do however look a lot better as thumbnails than they do when viewed at their full resolution. They appear blurred or as a previous poster said "muddy"

The planet one does not have that "blurred" or "muddy" look and I think it looks much better when viewed at its full resolution.

Sprite Creator 3 VX & XP

WARNING: I edit my posts constantly.

Here's another one I did today:

planetconcept.th.jpg

Note that I won't do any art-related jobs for other projects, I'm a programmer not an artist :)

How much cost one of yours picture if I will order about 30?
[font="Verdana"]For a [color=#1C2837][size=2]"hardcore" programmer, your concepts are pretty good. Keep it up! ;)[/font]

??? Legen... wait for it... dary Game Art for your every needs! ???

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement