PAlib or libnds?

Started by
5 comments, last by gsamour 12 years, 8 months ago
I am trying to begin developing for the nintendo DS, and the first thing i did was visit the palibdev wiki..... so, i followed the instructions, all of them. but i don't know how to actually use palib in my code! i tried everything, and then i went to libnds. i then realized that there was only a documentation, and community to hep with that.... so, i went back to palibdev, and this time , the forum. but, i have to wait 2 days before i can post in the forum! so, screw that. i have settled in libnds.

now please, can someone explain how to use libnds in my app?

ps are there any ds developing platforms that use c#? i have used c# since the age of 7 years(i am 12, so 5 years of experience), so c# would be much more cozy for me. AND HOW DO I USE LIBNDS OR PALIB IN VISUAL STUDIO!
Advertisement
You can't use C# with DS. I remember that there is a way to integrate libnds with Visual Studio but I don't remember now, sorry.
You can always use Visual Studio to write the code and compile your projects in the command line using makefiles (you won't be able to use the VS debugger anyway)
ND HOW DO I USE LIBNDS OR PALIB IN VISUAL STUDIO!
Stop shouting.

Did you read the getting started page and use their automated installer?

They use their own compiler, so you can't use Microsoft's compiler at all. You can still use Visual studio to edit the code, but to get Visual Studio's "compile" buttons to work properly, you'll have to integrate this "devkitpro" toolchain into visual studio. Several people seem to have figured out how to do this already, so hopefully you can find/follow their advice.
i tried looking at that google link, but that didnt work.

i might find the answer though
I would suggest using Programmer's Notepad, which comes with the automated installer. It has everything you need. That being said, you'll have to code in C/C++ and will need to learn some low-level things about how the DS works. Have you made games for other platforms before? I wouldn't recommend the DS for a first game (or first few games). I would try PC first. Best of luck!

I would suggest using Programmer's Notepad, which comes with the automated installer. It has everything you need. That being said, you'll have to code in C/C++ and will need to learn some low-level things about how the DS works. Have you made games for other platforms before? I wouldn't recommend the DS for a first game (or first few games). I would try PC first. Best of luck!

psst! i already use xna to make pc games, but i want to try delving into to the world of nds homebrew

@edit
i noticed that in programmers ntpad, u can make a c# proj.......maybe this is the c# solution?
[color="#1C2837"][color="#000000"]

[color="#1C2837"]psst! i already use xna to make pc games, but i want to try delving into to the world of nds homebrew

where can I see some of your XNA games?

i noticed that in programmers ntpad, u can make a c# proj.......maybe this is the c# solution?

You can't make DS games with C# using devkitpro. libnds is a C\C++ library and the compiler used to build a homebrew DS program is a C\C++ compiler. But there might be other tools that I'm not aware of.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement