dilemma

Started by
9 comments, last by fgopl 12 years, 8 months ago
i have devkit arm and libnds, and i tried to integrate it with visual studio 2008, and this is the error:

error PRJ0019: A tool returned an error code from "Performing Makefile project actions"

so i tried programmer's notepad, but i have no clue on how to use this app.
plz help. thx
Advertisement
oh wait, i just noticed that in palib it has an addon that easily integrates.

problem solvd
Not to be a semantics dick, but that wasn't a dilemma.

Oh, guess I am being a semantics dick after all, isn't that ironic, don't you think?

Oh, guess I am being a semantics dick after all, isn't that ironic, don't you think?

I concur, you damn semantics dick.
Never, ever stop learning.
- Me

[quote name='Serapth' timestamp='1313093526' post='4847877']

[/quote]

Actually, you used the verb form, to be semantically correct you should have used the adjective form "damned".

Hey, if I am going to embrace semantic dickery, I'm going all in! :)

[quote name='Joe P' timestamp='1313097984' post='4847931']
[quote name='Serapth' timestamp='1313093526' post='4847877']

[/quote]

Actually, you used the verb form, to be semantically correct you should have used the adjective form "damned".

Hey, if I am going to embrace semantic dickery, I'm going all in! :)
[/quote]

:wacko:
Never, ever stop learning.
- Me
ignoring the above spams, i attempted to install the visual studio plugin, but there was an error saying that i need to run with admin privileges. so i did. then, the same error happened again. and that makefile errror still occurs
If you're willing to try Programmer's Notepad again... have you seen this page? http://palib-dev.com/wiki/doku.php?id=installation

What specifically don't you know how to do in Programmer's Notepad? If you ask a specific question, I might be able to help.

If you're willing to try Programmer's Notepad again... have you seen this page? http://palib-dev.com...id=installation

What specifically don't you know how to do in Programmer's Notepad? If you ask a specific question, I might be able to help.

i dont understand how to compile my program.

and as for visual studio, i can't figure out how to add the vctemplate included with palib quickfix.

[font="arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif"]
Programmer's Notepad uses Makefiles to build. Instead of creating a new project from scratch, I suggest copying an existing project and changing its properties. For example:[/font]

1. Go to C:\devkitPro\examples\nds\Graphics\3D\nehe
2. Copy the lesson01 folder to a desired workspace location (like C:\ds_workspace)
3. Go to C:\ds_workspace and rename the lesson01 folder to anything you want (like "myproject")
4. Go inside myproject folder and rename lesson01.pnproj to anything you want (like ""myproject.pnproj")
5. Double-click myproject.pnproj. Programmer's Notepad should open.
6. Rename the project to whatever you want by right-clicking on the project name (originally "NeHe Lesson 01") and clicking on Rename in the popup menu.
7. Your source files should have a particular location (because of the current Makefile). Source files (.cpp, .c) should go in the "source" folder, and header files (.hpp, .h) should go in the "include" folder.
8. To build the project, go to the "Tools" menu, then click on "make". To clean the project, go to the "Tools" menu, then click on "clean". "run" probably doesn't do anything yet, but you can set it up.
9. If you would like to change settings for source/header file location, or to add pre-build or post-build steps, you'll have to change the Makefile.

Hope this helps.

EDIT: btw, there's a GBA/DS specific forum where you may find additional help: http://forum.gbadev.org/viewforum.php?f=18&sid=ed923734eaec47c4eb6c82a59f4001c3

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement