Should I learn assembly?

Started by
11 comments, last by Narciss 22 years, 6 months ago
Notice that zaei also pointed out that vc6 does not optimize much in terms of p3 and p4 assembly. This is why these processors don''t always live up to promisses in program tests. If you have no problem with going past the basics and really getting into assembly, this would be the biggest reason to do so. If you don''t know if you want get p4 specific yet you definitely want to get basic asm knowlegde and find out. Good luck.
Advertisement
Thanks =) this is some usefull info and tips. I wanted to learn assembly just to get a good idea of how the code actually works, but am sort of held back by the amount of time I know I will have to devote to learning it. It sounds like it can be very usefull to know though if nothing else just to learn the PC structure front and back. I beleive I would be a much more confident coder if I knew assembly to a decent degree.. Thanks all I think I''ll start picking up some books and teach myself some ASM while I''m learning C and C++

Narciss
well currently the only reason i would see to learn assembly other then for speed is if you went to work for a chip company and did logic programming or some type chip programming.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement