• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Loading .X files.

This topic is 5999 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I have been having a hell of a time loading .x files into my ''game''. I can load some .x files but the ones I make myself (in 3d studio then converted with conv3ds.exe) do not work. I think this may have something to do with not having normals compiled into the .x file. I also tried to load the .x file into the sample program that comes with DX8 SDK (The mesh one) and it did not work either. I then tried to load it into the Enhanced Mesh sample program and it worked fine. I compared the two .x file loading procedures and found that one was a lot more complex. I was wondering if it was the lack of normals or something else I am missing. If it is the normals, is there a way to compile them into the .x file instead of finding them at run time? Any input would be appreciates. -Greg

Advertisement
Have you tried D3DXComputeNormals? That should generate normals for a mesh...

I am not using LPD3DXBASICMESH but instead I am using LPD3DXMESH. Is there a function that takes a LPD3DXMESH?

• Advertisement