Jframe for Java game?

Started by
3 comments, last by TheCompBoy 12 years, 8 months ago
Im now starting to create my own side scroller in java but before i start i want one question answeared.. I didn't find any answear for this on google so i will try my luck here..

Basicaly i think i've seen somewhere that when you create a game in java there is something you can extend your class with something like GamePanel or something or is this not true? Do you just use Jframe for your java games?

Advertisement

Im now starting to create my own side scroller in java but before i start i want one question answeared.. I didn't find any answear for this on google so i will try my luck here..

Basicaly i think i've seen somewhere that when you create a game in java there is something you can extend your class with something like GamePanel or something or is this not true? Do you just use Jframe for your java games?

I'd recommend using something like Slick for a 2D game instead.

http://slick.cokeandcode.com/wiki/doku.php?id=01_-_a_basic_slick_game
[size="1"]I don't suffer from insanity, I'm enjoying every minute of it.
The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas!
I did use that but would it hurt making a game with normal java no libraries ?

And is there some other libraries than Slick?

I did use that but would it hurt making a game with normal java no libraries ?

No your fine without using any additional libraries. When I used Java I didn't use anything extra.

You might find these interesting. The ones that involve creating the screen might be useful.
Thanks!
I bet i will have use of this.

But stil.. Is there anything more like Slick? Maybe something with more tutorials?

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement