• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
OgbobeBuko

OpenGL Glui problems

This topic is 2618 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

can anyone please give me a link or steps on installing gui with visual studio 2008 without having linking errors

i found a tutorial( http://www.codeproje...w_Template.aspx ) that used VS2006 to install glui...but i tried using the same steps but this time in VS2008...and i keep getting linking errors

or an alternative graphics user interface asides mfc
thanks

Linking...
1>glui32.lib(glui_spinner.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __iob
1>glui32.lib(glui_edittext.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __iob referenced in function "public: virtual int __thiscall GLUI_EditText::mouse_down_handler(int,int)" (?mouse_down_handler@GLUI_EditText@@UAEHHH@Z)
1>glui32.lib(ALGEBRA3.OBJ) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __iob

Advertisement
The best C++ GUI around is Qt (and happens to have some nice tools for authoring your widgets graphically). [Jon has a few tutorials up on his blog <a href=http://jonmacey.blogspot.com/2011/03/using-qt-gui-components-and-ngl.html>here</a>. NGL is just his little math/graphics lib based on OpenGL ].
wx is a possibility (although in my opinion, it's a massive pain in the balls to use).
If you don't mind exposing some API as strict C (or as Managed C++), then using windows.forms and C# would be do-able (which is my favourite gui system, although cross-platform may be a pain/impossible)
I used glui many years ago, and to be honest it wasn't all that great back then, and I doubt it's got much better since. I'd strongly ssuggest using freeglut with glui, and make sure you build both of them from source. The errors you are facing seems to be a simple case of the library being linked against an older version of the C-Runtime (from 2005 maybe?). Rebuilding from source will probably fix the problem.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!