Match 3 engine

Started by
2 comments, last by shadowisadog 12 years, 8 months ago
Hi. Does anybody know of a match-3 game engine that is available, free or otherwise? I've seen people offering the raw code
for match 3 games, but I hope was hoping for something where I could just manipulate the images and scoring.

I'm new to game development, but not to programming. I have background in c++ object development, other languages, scripting, VB
and graphics and animation. I work in education and would like to come up with some better games than the schools are currently pay an arm and a
leg for. I have Mission Maker and find it quite easy. (I do know it's intended for kids!)

Thanks.

Michele

When I started programming, we had to load the paper tape with the operating system before we loaded the compiler and then the program.
I am THAT old. Go easy on an old bag.
Advertisement
PopCap Games Framework, is what I think you're looking for.
The engine can be downloaded here, hasn't been updated since 2009 though.
http://www.moddb.com/engines/popcap-games-framework/downloads/popcap-games-framework-v13

Sprite Creator 3 VX & XP

WARNING: I edit my posts constantly.

Many thanks! I own a couple PopCap games - I never thought of looking there.

Michele

PopCap Games Framework, is what I think you're looking for.
The engine can be downloaded here, hasn't been updated since 2009 though.
http://www.moddb.com...s-framework-v13
For C++ there is also the Playground SDK. Alternatively there is Game Maker which would probably provide enough power for this situation. Construct and Multimedia Fusion 2 might also fit your style (both are fairly simple to use). Multimedia Fusion 2 even has a demo called Fusion Shapes showing the "ease" of making a match 3 game.

I have also used the PopCap framework. It is quite good (I released two commercial games and released a tutorial series using it!) but keep in mind it is a bit dated and is not currently supported by PopCap.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement