• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jappie

Desktop buddies

This topic is 6176 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi all! Does anyone have any info regarding the development of those desktop buddy ( BonziBuddy etc. ) things? I''d like to make one of my own, but I don''t really know where to start, seeing as there''s no window of any kind... Tnx for any help, Jappie

Advertisement
Actually I''m giving a lecture at the XGDC covering everything you know to make these the 29th/30th of September...

There''s a window, it''s just clipped to a region by mask-blitting and using SetWindowRgn.

You''ll either have to ask further questions, go to my lecture, or wait for me to set up an online version (I just found out I was doing this Tuesday, so I have some work to do in the interim, because the code works, but it''s my personal toy so it''s utterly comment-less).

-fel

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!