Developer of Space STG II need help!

Started by
3 comments, last by grzegorz_ae 12 years, 8 months ago
Hi,
I'm developer of game Space STG II for Android phones... and I want to add to this game new option. To do this I need to know how to do movable screen. I want to do a battle like in Might & Magic Heroes, but in mobile phone screen is small... I don't know how developers show only a part on screen of all things on map. I want to make a small map in corner which show which part of map is shown on screen.
I can't find it :/ I spend 2 days and I found only 2d tile moving, but I need smooth moves. Please help. I will give activation codes for Space STG II for help.
Here is link to game:
Space STG II link
Advertisement
Hi,
I'm developer of game Space STG II for Android phones... and I want to add to this game new option. To do this I need to know how to do movable screen. I want to do a battle like in Might & Magic Heroes, but in mobile phone screen is small... I don't know how developers show only a part on screen of all things on map. I want to make a small map in corner which show which part of map is shown on screen.
I can't find it :/ I spend 2 days and I found only 2d tile moving, but I need smooth moves. Please help. I will give activation codes for Space STG II for help.
Here is link to game:
Space STG II link

Please help. Can anyone give me link to example of similar example ...or a small explain how to do this.
Make a full-scale virtual map, in memory. The phone's viewable screen is just a window onto a portion of that map. If the full map is too large for the device's RAM, then you have to load in the local neighborhood (with the viewable screen a portion of that).
I can't tell you the technical how-to beyond that.

-- Tom Sloper -- sloperama.com

Make a full-scale virtual map, in memory. The phone's viewable screen is just a window onto a portion of that map. If the full map is too large for the device's RAM, then you have to load in the local neighborhood (with the viewable screen a portion of that).
I can't tell you the technical how-to beyond that.

Thanks. I thought to do a table with positions but I can't realize how to do a smooth dispaly of part of all positions. Maybe someone know a good example...
By the way... Tom Sloper for help I will give activation code for game. I hope You have got android phone ;P

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement