Jump to content
  • Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Viper X

VB6 - DirectDraw - GetLockedArray = SLOW!

This topic is 6236 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Recommended Posts

I have just spent a while learning how to use GetLockedArray in DirectDraw so I can make nicer translucent sprites in my game. Before I was using the Raster operation “AND” to blend two surfaces. This didn’t look the way I wanted and I had no control. With GetLockedArray I’ve managed to do what I wanted to do. However... I lose 10fps for every 1560 pixels I edit!!!!!!!!!!! I didn’t lose any fps before! What do I do, help!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Advertisement

  • Advertisement
×

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!