• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Lalle

multiple ddraw DX files....

This topic is 6177 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

In MSVC++, how can I know what Include path the following command uses: #include (inc. sign)ddraw.h(inc. sign) This is a big problem because this includes an old ddraw.h file wich came with VC++(in the VC++ include directory), and not the new ddraw.h file wich came with the 8.0 SDK(C:\DXVCSDK\include). I made a temp. solution by doing this: #include "C:\DXVCSDK\include\ddraw.h" But the Linker also invokes the old .lib files instead of the new ones. So how do I make the Linker and the Compiler select the 8.0 ddraw.lib/.h files from "C:\DXVCSDK\include\" "C:\DXVCSDK\lib\" instead of "C:\........\Microsoft Visual Studio\VC9\Include" "C:\........\Microsoft Visual Studio\VC98\Lib" Could I use a DX namespace(for the .h file) or something? Any help would be greatly appreciated Lalle Edited by - Lalle on September 20, 2001 1:33:56 PM

Advertisement
Under Tools->Options in Visual Studio, look under the directories tab. VC++ will search those directories in order from top to bottom. There is a dropdown to let you choose between include files, library files, etc.

Thanks, I already had the DX directory as a search path, and when I moved it to the top, everything worked out perfectly

Thanks again!

Lalle

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!